Applications are invited for Mobius Young Professional Program under the project Young Climate Leaders for Himalayan Development
Nagaland is located in the North East Region of India (NER) which falls under the Indo-Burma Biodiversity Hotspot, accounting for nearly 1/4th of India’s total forest cover where increasing deforestation has been reported in the last two consecutive Indian State of Forest Report (ISFR 2019, 2021). The NER has also been identified as the most vulnerable region to climate change in India, and hence there is an urgent need to spawn a generation of young leaders for them to “understand and address the impacts of the climate crisis, empowering them with the knowledge, skills, education, values and attitudes needed to act as agents of change. (UNESCO)”
The project will be carried out in 15 schools in Dimapur, Nagaland and will be jointly implemented by the Climate Studies and Knowledge Solutions Centre, Department of Science & Technology and YouthNet. The supporting Departments are Department of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of Nagaland and Nagaland Board of Secondary Education (NBSE)
The aims for Mobius Young Professional Program (MYPP) are two folds: firstly, to provide training to young graduates/early careers to implement the climate curriculum in 15 participating school. The training to implement the curriculum would be provided by Hearth Education Advisors. Secondly, in order to find gainful employment for young graduates, MYPP will provide an opportunity for hands-on experience in current climate change and forestry projects in Nagaland.
Roles and responsibility
Candidate (also will be known as Mobius Young Professional) will
- Teach the curriculum in participating schools
- Co-ordinate and organise field activities with community (Community Councils) as well as the Municipal to undertake environment activities such as plantation drive, waste management and recycling etc
- Organise competition on awareness drive and campaign such as poster competition, debates, video campaign messages on environment, climate change, waste management and recycling etc.
- Prepare a monthly report on the progress of the project based on the performance and the ongoing project activities
- Each candidate will be assigned three schools and will be expected to implement the curriculum for one hour in each school in a week. (Candidate will be engaged for 3 teaching hours a week)
- Candidates will have orientation sessions with the Climate/ Forestry project to gain experience on project management and implementation (hours and time to be determined)
- The contractual obligation will be under YouthNet Nagaland
- The project is for one year but the Young Professional Program will be for 9 months
Qualification and experience:
- Graduate/ Post graduate in Forestry/ Environment studies/ related field
- Some internship/ experience desirable but NOT necessary
What does the program offer?
- Orientation sessions for capacity building for hands-on experience in environment and forestry projects in Nagaland.
- A certified ‘Work Experience Certificate’ for future career progression.
- Dimapur , Nagaland.
- Full time
- Not Disclosed
How to apply:
- Please send you CV and a short application to
indicating your career aspiration and why you want to apply for the Mobius Young Professional Program by 10th of May 2023
- For Queries: 6009939218/8256923961/9362193492
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com