Why Launchpad ?
Nagaland has the highest unemployment rate among the states and union territories (UTs) in India, according to the latest figures released by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India.
Lack of proper guidance at an early stage is one of the leading causes of youth unemployment in Nagaland. Our students need career guidance so that they can stay motivated to pursue higher education, explore avenues beyond traditional jobs and plan their careers based on their abilities and interests.
At YouthNet, we strongly believe that students should plan their careers while they are still studying and hone skills that will help them succeed academically and beyond. We are setting new precedence by creating awareness among the students on the myriad career choices available these days. Empowered with this knowledge and good counsel, the students will not follow the old fad of seeking government jobs alone as a career path.
Higher Secondary Education is one of the most important crossroads students need to cross. The decisions they make at this stage most often stay with them and the actions are taken will dictate the quality of their lives in the future. Launchpad is created with the vision “Empower to Discover” to spread awareness and empower the students to discover their path. The path could either lead to higher education or skill development courses that prepare the students to be employable individuals in the future.
84% of the students agree that their parents have had a strong influence on their long-term career aims
69.3% of the students want to pursue higher education in Nagaland itself
79.2% of the students want to pursue higher education after their 12 standard
- Guide students to discover their ideal career path
- Enable students to look beyond traditional jobs
- Assist the student's transition from school to work
- Impact 44 Government Higher Secondary Schools across 12 districts in Nagaland.
- Create career awareness and help over 2000 students make informed decisions about their future.
- Post-training, achieve a job placement target of over 70% for the job seekers.
- Conduct Pre and Post-training assessments of the students to get an insight into their understanding of Higher Education, Skill Development Courses and jobs in the Government and Private sectors.
- Students will be equipped to make better higher education and career decisions.
- Better skilled job seekers, dropouts, unemployed youths.
See news related to LaunchPad
A Report on an Online Career Guidance Survey conducted across the students from 44 Government Higher Secondary Schools across 12 districts in Nagaland
Introduction Career guidance is a comprehensive, developmental program designed to assist individuals in making and implementing informed educational and occupational choices. It develops an individual’s competencies in self-knowledge, educational and occupational exploration, and career planning. The Department of Youth Resources […]
Er. Zale Neikha, Advisor, Youth Resources & Sports (Govt. of Nagaland) Launches LaunchPad, a Career Guidance and Employability Skill Development Program. The launching program was held at YouthNet Head Office Kohima on 18th August 2020. LaunchPad is a self-paced online […]