Why Launchpad ?
Nagaland has the highest unemployment rate among the states and union territories (UTs) in India, according to the latest figures released by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India.
Lack of proper guidance at an early stage is one of the leading causes for youth unemployment in Nagaland. Our students need career guidance so that they can stay motivated to pursue higher education, explore avenues beyond traditional jobs and plan their career based on their abilities and interests.
At YouthNet, we strongly believe that the students should plan their career while they are still studying and hone skills that will help them succeed academically and beyond. We are setting a new precedence by creating awareness among the students on the myriad career choices available these days. Empowered with this knowledge and good counsel, the students will not follow the old fad of seeking government jobs alone as a career path.
Higher Secondary Education is one of the most important crossroads students need to cross. The decisions they make at this stage most often stay with them and the actions taken will dictate the quality of their lives in the future. Launchpad is created with this vision “Empower to Discover” to spread awareness and empower the students to discover their path. The path could either lead to higher education or skill development courses that prepare the students to be employable individuals in the future.
84% of the students agree that their parents have had a strong influence on their long-term career aims
69.3% of the students want to pursue higher education in Nagaland itself
79.2% of the students want to pursue higher education after their 12 standard
- Guide students discover their ideal career path
- Enable students to look beyond traditional jobs
- Assist the students transition from school to work
- Impact 44 Government Higher Secondary Schools across 12 districts in Nagaland.
- Create career awareness and help over 2000 students make informed decisions about their future.
- Post-training, achieve job placement target of over 70% for the job seekers.
- Conduct Pre and Post training assessment of the students to get an insight about their understanding of Higher Education, Skill Development Courses and jobs in the Government and Private sectors.
- Students will be equipped to make better higher education and career decisions.
- Better skilled job seekers, drop outs, unemployed youths.
See news related to LaunchPad
A Report on an Online Career Guidance Survey conducted across the students from 44 Government Higher Secondary Schools across 12 districts in Nagaland
Introduction Career guidance is a comprehensive, developmental program designed to assist individuals in making and implementing informed educational and occupational choices. It develops an individual’s […]
Er. Zale Neikha, Advisor, Youth Resources & Sports (Govt. of Nagaland) Launches LaunchPad, a Career Guidance and Employability Skill Development Program. The launching program was […]